Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shame

Scene One:
I am waiting for traffic signal to go green (already late for appointment). 10 seconds to go for signal, two blind people are trying to cross the road with each others help. Signal goes green - people try to find their way around those tow - I follow.
I cross 10 meters and feel very shameful, still my mind is not ready to miss the appointment. One old man stops his scooter and helps those blind men.

Scene Two:
I am quite late for office. Signal goes green, an old man raises his hand and starts crossing road. I find his action very stupid and drive my way cursing him (in mind). After 10-15 seconds I feel shameful, in 5-10 years my father will be of same age.

I hope next time I will realize this 10-15 seconds before thinking about getting late.
I was lucky that in these both cases nobody met accident, but next time my 5 mins help might give me peace of mind.

3 comments:

Chetan said...

...being honest is difficult ... whats more difficult is being honest with yourself... whats still more difficult is being honest with yourself and putting it into words..

well done! keep it up.

Neha Agnihotri said...

so true...
Nice thought Ashish...

Ashish Sarode said...

Thank you Chetan
Thank you Neha