Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Goodbye Delcam

With dreams of exciting future and with sad mind for missing friends/ colleagues, bye bye to Delcam (Pune).

When I look back - these ~2.5 years spent at Delcam are the most exiting days in my professional life. Though there are many reasons for which I liked Delcam, one of the prime reason was the lovely company of my colleagues. Almost everyone at Delcam is unique and great in his/ her own way.
In these 2.5 years there were numerous debates on our lunch table and numerous parties which have made permanent and beautiful footprints in my memory.

I was pleased to work with these highly talented developers in Delcam.

I would try to scribble some short memories about everyone who was part of our lunch table group



Girish 
Giru, Girya, **** and more **** are the few names I used to call him. He troubled me a lot in the beginning. He used to give me miss-calls. My poor brain took almost 2-3 weeks to understand Girish is the one troubling me :). Thanks a lot Girish for all coding related help you did in the initial tough months. You made me smile many a times and I will miss our chat conversations full of *** - I hope you will also miss it :)

Chetan
Dude, Geek Verma, Be**da Chetan are the few other names for him. My tapri partner, exceptionally intelligent and equally helpful dude. He developed DST - orkut like internal  forum for us, we enjoyed using DST and it was really innovative thing. He added fun to work by developing betting site for IPL and similar activities. Most of the times your philosophy used to go few kilo-meter above my head, but I enjoyed listening to your ideas.

Suhas
Su, Curvy (Walase) Patil are few other names. HaPpY go lucky dude in Delcam. I never saw him much worried about anything. I will miss your PJs and jokes. Do upload your videos playing guitar on youtube.

Amol 
aka Amul :) You provided me up to date knowledge about the headlines of all leading Marathi and English news papers :). Amol is exceptionally sincere guy, I think he took hardly 3-4 leaves in past 2 years. He writes tons of code everyday. Dude please please please - start enjoying life. I will miss our debates on almost every topic. I appreciate your memory - how do you manage to remember minute details you have read in articles!

Nikhil
Ever happy and enjoying dude. We two were almost always the first ones to run for lunch :). I am sure you can try modelling besides coding :) Even SRK will be amazed looking at the number of possible styles you can give for photos :)

Kapil
Unfortunately I did not get to work much with you. You are great singer. Thank you for starting good activities like session on design patterns.

Heta and Kartika
I can not write about you two separately :) You two do most of the things together (Including birtday parties!). Even on lunch table you two have jokes which others don't understand :)
Kartika, Till date I never got to see that Bollywood dance video. Sadly with me one vote for CPK (City Pride Kothrud) is gone :( 
Heta, Ms cool, enjoy your work and let others enjoy theirs is probably your mantra of work. Till date I have  not got your home-made  pav-bhaji :(

Neha
You type really very very fast. First thing I remember is our initial debates! It was fun having debates with talented girl like you. Neha is also very good singer. It feels wonderful to remember that I had state topper and limca book record winner colleague :).  Thank you for motivating us for eye-donation.

Gayathri
aka Gaya3, I did not know for long time you are also great artist, your paintings are amazing! Hope you keep updating your art blog. Probably only God knows how many dishes you are able to cook - all of them so great in taste.

PunyaToya
aka Punya, Meaning Holy (Punya) Water (Toya), your parents gave you perfect name. I always felt very comfortable to share good and bad memories with you. It was fun learning few Oriya words from you :), I think everybody enjoyed trying those Aau (Ou) based pronunciations. You and Neha gave great treats at home, thanks a ton to both of you for all those treats.

I can not complete this post without mention of DevRaj
Devraj
Artist!! Unfortunately you were not part of our lunch group. Working with you was great experience. I think everyone should learn "how to work" from you. I always admired your passion and dedication for perfection. Thanks for designing this blog's header - I am going to ask you more! Best thing is I get the quality work absolutely free!!


Friends I will miss you all. I hope I will get good colleagues in future also :). I hope you also liked working with me. I know you people have already forgiven me if I had hurt anyone.

Wish you all "All the best" for whatever you do in future.

12 comments:

Neha Agnihotri said...

Aah!! U have written so nice for all of us. After reading this I have a smile with tears in my eyes..
Thank you Ashish for being what you are...

U have a been a true critic, a gr8 friend and an awesome entertainer. I will miss SRK vs Amir debates..but till now, SRK is d best :)

I must say u have astonishing knowledge in the field of computers. I am sure u will enjoy ur new job n I hope u will get ur new friends just like us ;)
n yes, I will surely come and give your eye donar card 2 u soon.

All the best for everything!!

Gayathri said...

Thanks Ashish for that brief!I was beginning to forget all the good qualities of each of us...

You have always spoken what you think, never mincing your words and which is highest amongst your credits.Keep being the same, because it is indeed a valuable triat.And well ofcours, you have this vast knowledge of unic and c++ and design pattern, et.al (and what not!!) Keep getting better at them is all I can wish for. And a special thanks for re-introducing me to Ayn Rand.. :)

I am sure you will make great friends at the new place,just like you made friends here. All the best for all the future adventures!

Ashish Sarode said...

Thanks Neha
Thanks Gaya3

Unknown said...

I will definitely miss you buddy. You were the one with whom I think I shared all my evil and devil dids. I always wondered how come in so short time you became my close friend. You definitely have that in you or Maybe we both are psychos. :)
I still remember first time you shared lunch table with us. People normaly dont speak a lot till they know everyone ( we have punya and chetan as our examples who took almost 3 months before uttering a word on lunch table ) But you were simply amazing. On first day itself you started telling us your fundas in loud voice :) and that moment itself I thought that "this guy is different" :)

In meetings you gave us breakthrough by becoming first person who talked apart from Nilesh.

There are lot of memories associated with you which will make it difficult to forget you.
Like debates on lunch table.
Critising someone all the time. :)

you will be remembered as
A phycho for sure. :) A Royal person. A Doner. A Critic.
and afterall very good at heart.
A rare diamond!!

Ashish Sarode said...

Wonderful - Thanks Giri

Suhas said...

Ash - one who believes in listening(and doing) what his heart says....
It's hard to find him in any ambiguous situation... his straightforward and non-circuitous nature always helps in making up his mind quickly...

You won't see him sitting quietly anytime... Always expressive.. and has opinion or something to say
(बाकीचे किती बोर झालेत ह्याचं त्याला काही घेणं देणं नसतं ;-)) on any topic

(be it SRK/Aamir, jokes on Sardar's issue, TV channels, News Reporters, Veg/Nonveg... etc).

He has immense knowledge about computers... and most importantly his thirst to learn more has not yet ceased...."मला आज अभ्यास करायचाय", "This weekend I want to learn UNIX", "मी Assembly चा class लावलाय", "ते xxxx sir amazing आहेत , I cannot miss his lecture" ..... हे असे excuses देऊन तो trip/treat टाळायचा ... :-)
(कदाचित लग्न झाल्यावर तरी सोडशील अभ्यास करायचं... नाहीतर बायकोला ... "Sorry...नाही गं आज नको .... मला की नाही रात्री Unix चे programs शिकयचेत" ;-))


In his last month(15th june to 15th of July 2010) he sat beside me... at a distance of not more than 1 feet...
It was great fun to chat with him while programming... I remember Nilesh asking me(unnecessarily) status of the work when he used to see both of us chit-chatting...

Few lines for u....

वरून वाटत असला कितीही टणक तरी आतून सौम्य आहे....
त्याच्या शिकण्यात नेहमीच काही तरी
नाविण्य आहे....
कदाचित त्यामुळेच त्याचं knowledge
भव्य आहे...
पण मित्रा विसरू नकोस,
यंदा कर्तव्य आहे... ;-)

लग्नाला नक्की बोलव ....

Ashish Sarode said...

सुहास तू कवी पण आहेस हे माहित नव्हत - Yes यंदा कर्तव्य आहे :)
शेवटच्या महिन्यात फारच डोक खाल्ल आहे मी तुझ :D

Devraj Baruah said...

Your 'blog' almost speaks everything about you and the lovely set of friends you have in here.

wish you the best of all!

Keep blogging :)

Punyatoya said...

I was delighted to read your thoughts in this blog...
Thanks for all those nice things you have written for each of us.
Though your journey with Delcam has come to an end, but I am sure our friendship will continue its journey...
You had always been a second wiki to us;), need any info just go to Ashish! It had always been a fun to discuss with you about so many different topics(even though we had different opinions at times!).

The best thing in you is your transparency. Its rare to find people like you whose thirst for acquiring knowledge will never quench. You have a very kind heart too. Always be yourself...
All the Best!! And hope you won't forget your old buddies after finding new ones;-)

Ashish Sarode said...

Thanks DevRaj

Thanks Punya, I hope we all will be always good friends irrespective of what we do in career.

Chetan said...

Just a little late.. :)
It was a wonderful time with you at Delcam.. I have never met anyone like you before. Truly speaking, I had to adjust a little to your ways in the beginning, but once I knew you better, it was all fun! Liked talking to you.. you were one of those guys who listened to all my weird thoughts without complaining :)..

Ashish Sarode said...

Thanks Dude!
I was waiting for your comment.