Search This Blog

Monday, April 04, 2011

Vasota Jungle/ Fort Trek


Date : 3 April 2011



Group : Went with Explorers group.
Difficulty level : easy (almost similar to Sinhagad with little more time), might be difficult if you do not have guide for road, since the road goes completely from Jungle area.


Photos => I have uploaded most of them on Picasa - https://picasaweb.google.com/adsarode/VasotaJungleFortTrek#

2nd to 4rth April being long weekend, I utilized it for going to trek. I had done waterfall rappelling with Explorers before and had good experience that time. This time I did not get any friend to come with me, but then I though of going alone as opportunity to make new friends. The group was good. Arrangement done by Explorers and specially the food they served on the top was Amazing.

Vasota fort is quite remote. One has to first reach Bamnoli and then needs travel through boat for @ 1.30 - 2 hr to reach Koyana forest, from where the road to fort starts. The road is not very difficult. The forest you get to see on the way is eye candy. I enjoyed walking on this road very much.
Beautiful road - for more photos see my picasa link

After reaching fort there is hardly any construction to see there. The good thing is there are too many beautiful things to see around. I wont write much on the beauty of the sight you get to see from this fort - check my Picasa link. Today I am not in a mood to write much :)

5 comments:

nikhilnarkhedkar said...

hi ashish,
Can u please share ur timeline of trek with us because we r also planning to visit vasota and we r beginners......
-------------Nikhil

Ashish Sarode said...

Hi Nikhil,

We went to Bamnoli around 3 in the morning, took some sleep, got up @ 7.30 am, took boat @ 8.30 or 9 am to Fort, started trekking @ 11, reached there @ 1 - 1.30 pm, came back @ 5 pm to base and were back to Bamnoli @ 6. - 6.30 pm.
Hope this helps, otherwise this 1st of May Explorers have planned Vasota trek again - you can join them.

Harshad Kadam said...

hi ashish,
i heard that we need a permission to enter into the vasota. is that true? if yes, how we can get the permission?

Ashish Sarode said...

Hi Harshad,

Sorry for late reply.
Yes permission is needed from forrest department. You can get it from base village - Bamnoli. Ask locals their - just that you have to pay some fees for entering forrest.

Santosh Deshpande said...

Hi Ashish,

This reminded me my recent trek to Vasota. The photos on Picasa are very good!