Search This Blog

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Why I am vegetarian

Lots of times I have faced this question - "but why you do not eat non-veg food?"
Most frustrating form of this question - "but is not it that vegetables are also living things"
The most comedy form of this question - "do Indians (Hindus) think that something bad will happen if you eat non-veg!"
The most sick form of this question - "is it the case, that non-veg food is not allowed at your home"
Non-sense form of this question - "Why do you consider egg as non-veg?"
Stupid form - "why do you drink milk then"

Let me answer some questions so that at least the people who read this blog wont ask these stupid questions to me or to other vegetarians.

1. I do not eat non-veg because it is my choice (simplest form)
2. Religion related - I do not know what exactly Hindu religion talks about non-veg food.
I used to eat non-veg food up to 10Th std (@ 16 yr age).
Once I tried to cut chicken (not a living one - just small pieces from large ones) and after this experience - I could never think of eating non-veg food looking at the blood and the cruelty with which the butcher kills chicken/mutton etc.
I really started feeling that how will I feel if somebody cuts me into pieces? (Probably I wont feel anything after death but might be there is something called as soul)
3. Nobody will question me (from my family) for eating non-veg food, because it is my choice. Probably the people who ask this question are the ones who face questions at home or are required to justify every action at home.
Only thing is my dad wont allow me to read some of the religious books like Gurucharitra.
4. Regarding Egg - it is my personal opinion that egg is also non-veg.
5. Regarding Milk - no animal gets killed for milk.

No comments: