Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kernel Sable

Few days back I was returning from company on Saturday afternoon (I rarely work on weekend and I hate working on weekend). I do not remember the reason but instead of coming from my regular route (Dapodi - Aundh - SB road ...) I took Khadki road. Because of new road work I had to take some small road and I am bad in understanding roads (I always take wrong turns on this Khadki road).
I was not sure whether I was on the right road but generally in 3-4 attempts I get correct road. At some corner there was old man (70+) carrying 2 huge bags. He requested me to stop and I gave him lift.
I asked this elderly man where do he wants to go. He started giving me instructions - go straight, now take left, now right, take this small road - finally we were in front of one house which was bit away from the main road. I was bit scared thinking that is this any new technique for robbery. I stopped my bike some distance away from the bungalow. He insisted to go further. But I completely ignored him. I asked him to get down (the place was quite remote and lonely, so I was afraid to take risk).

To my surprise he said thank you and did hand shake introducing himself as Kernel Sable. I felt bit guilty for not dropping this elderly retired army officer exactly at his place.
To my surprise he was carrying medicines for two months (which I thought might be two bags filled with drugs or some other illegal thing ;) ) and some ration for week.

I think this happens with many people (might be all), we think in quite negative way about some person or some situation and the reality gives us positive shock.

No comments: