Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

What happened to all those cases?

Few years back almost for a week many newspapers head line had news about Salaman Khan. The case was regarding Chinkara poaching. There was another case some other time on front page for accident in which some people were killed. Again Salman was got publicity for his connections with underworld.

Similarly Sanjay Dutt was in news headlines for many weeks for Mumbai bomb blast case. Another time he was again in news for connections with underworld.

I would have never known Laloo Prasad Yadav in 7th standard if news papers would not have hyped the fodder scam. Chances of me knowing about Jaylalitha were equally low if there would not have been hype again the income-tax case.

There are many other famous people and many such cases are pending against them. I think so called brave media gave them publicity and now all the braveness is lost (or it might be short term memory).

Now a days news channels talk about Salman-Katrina, sometimes about body of Sallu miyya. Sanjay is famous for Munna bhai (I think natural acting). Laloo Prasad Yadav is respected minister (and might become Prime minister some day). I do not know about Jaylalitha's new glory. Probably google could be of help here.

I am curious what will happen to Shiney Ahuja? - I guess he is going to be the next superstar (it is not my wish - merely observation).

God bless anterograde amnesia of media.

No comments: