Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Little girl

I think I write too many blogs now a days.

Today's topic is some what different. I was coming from office to home around 8pm, as usual I stopped at magazine stall near Karve Statue to check for latest issue of Digit, unfortunately I did not find this month's digit's issue great but something unexpected happened. A small girl (might be in 2nd or 3rd class) came to the stall owner and asked him

Little Girl : Uncle please give me 1 Rs to call at my home?
Shop keeper : Do you have phone at home?
Little Girl: Yes
Shop keeper: Why do you want to call?
(the reason was quite expected) she was waiting for her mother and was quite upset because nobody from her home came to take her (from some class).
Shop keeper(in quite abnormal manner): give me your home number
Little Girl: which one? I have mobile as well as land line at home
after saying this she left the book stall and the wife of shop keeper came there, they kept talking about how she run away. I felt bad, my problem was I have beard and in my software industry dress code I look quite similar to some Daku. So I did not tried talk to her for help at first, but then I realised that I was wearing helmet and when I looked around I could see her at quite near distance, I offered her 2 Rs to call at home and asked her to take 20-40Rs if she want to go home by Auto Rikshaw, she told me that she is afraid to go home alone and asked me to go with her. Remembering the fact that I am still having helmet to cover my Daku like face I asked her that I will drop her to her home if she is comfortable. Her home was quite nearer to my home (only 1-2 Km) so I could easily find her address. I felt quite tensed while driving to her home, what will happen if I go wrong? Finally I dropped her exactly in front of her building.

She asked me to come to her home, but I did not dared to go to her home. What will happen if her mother looks at my beard and dressing? she might scold her daughter for coming home with stranger. I just told her that don't go home with strangers in future.

After telling her don't go with strangers in future, I felt sad in mind that - why do we need to say this? Is it really such bad situation in this world? Was not it possible for the shop keeper just to say no for 1Rs (The little girl had car [with driver] at home - her mother would have given him 100Rs for that 1Rs - let us forget about it for moment).

But after all it was also true that person like me would not be able to sleep if he do not help such little kid, and I know there are many other like (even better than) me.

Cheers friends - do not keep beard unnecessarily.

7 comments:

Ketan said...

Well wanted to add the last line...but you did that yourself...dont keep beard... :)

Ketan said...

Well..just to add...all people are not with the clean mind...and the childs mind is too innocent to differentiate between a helper and a probable abuser... Thats why we say...dont take help from strangers..even we do that to take care of ourselves... dont we??

Ashish Sarode said...

I think now it is quite long after my Pithpur trip I did not had any plans to keep it... will remove it once I capture good photo of me in beard

Ashish Sarode said...

yes Ketan you are right that even we don't dare, but is not it bad situation? What kind of world is this? I feel very bad when I see any child in problem. I felt sad when that shopkeeper made joke of the situation.

Anonymous said...

But why the girl was left waiting by her parents? So insensitive on their part...........

Ashish Sarode said...

I forgot to ask that question...
What she told me was - their driver was supposed to come to pick her.

Ashish Sarode said...

I removed my beard yesterday.