Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The positive side of recession

Now a days whenever I meet any old friend he asks me what is the situation in your company. We talk on it for sometime and then I see my friend is quite scared about the situation.

I think they are serious because they think that they will have to sit at home, then people will ask questions? What will happen to bank loans? Oh our future is in danger.

When I think about recession, I feel very happy. I will be happy to sit at home. After ~3.5 years I will get full freedom. I do not have to worry about meetings. I do not have to wake-up thinking of office timing. I can see the sunrise and sunset everyday. I can go on terrace and see the sky for long hours as I used to do in BE prep. leaves. I would like to see the birds in the sky for hours.
I will use time at home as study leave. I will start studying new subjects. I already have 20-30 books which I want to study as early as possible. I will get time to learn those, I want to learn linux I will learn it. It is opportunity to get spend time on health. Great is not it!!

Yes there is one problem if recession continues for more than 3-6 months them I will have to find source for income. I guess I could teach school children subjects like maths and science (I will enjoy this a lot and will surely get around 2000Rs per month). Then I will start taking software projects on my own. Otherwise even I could do some consultancy -by doing this I will get what I deserve, this is my loooong due dream.

Few more things I would like to do if I get opportunity to sit at home -
1. I want to become good cook (presently I am poor cook)
2. I will go to FC road and SB road to make myself believe that world is beautiful.
3. I would like to complete my next level of Japanese language - I laugh a lot when learning Japanese.

Job is not 'the most' important part of life. You will at the most loose your present job. God might have better plans for you and me.

Cheers!!

7 comments:

Chetan said...

Sure God may have better things in store, that doesn't means I stop thinking of my good. God helps those who help themselves!! You might stay at home and enjoy, but most other people have to support their families, many have loans to pay, and other plans which were not made keeping recession in mind. You might be happy to think that you'll be free for next 3-4 months, but many other can't just sit at home and cook or watch birds.

A better title could have been "My positive side of recession"

Ashish Sarode said...

Agreed that people have problems. Even I have responsibilities, but thing is everyone talks only on the negative aspect.
It is also true that in good days even Tom, Dick and Harry get good salary and mostly they are the ones who are affected first (I don't say that good people don't face problem but probability is less).
I have also written the other possible ways of earning if I loose job.
For people who have taken loans and all, I think recession is not something never thought of thing - it always comes after some period and so is the good time.
Thanks for comments - next time I will take care of these suggestions.

Chetan said...

Well, If I have to join another job (that might pay less) after spending a week or a month like hell at home with all sorts of worries, wats the point, I don't see it a positive side of recession, that precisely is a negative point that people fear.

Well, I was not prepared for recession, though I am not affected, but if I were, it would have been a tough blow.

Ashish Sarode said...

In my thinking only the ones who are highly paid without reason (who do not deserve) are the worse sufferers.
Most of the times recession brings new opportunities at the end.
Also I think that if I am the best and if I deserve my salary then no recession can make me earn less than what I deserve.

Chetan said...

sure you can find underpaid people everywhere and btw who decides who deserves what?

You might think that it was good that an overpaid *non deserving* person was thrown out, but was that really his fault, that he was overpaid even if he was not deserving? that was a mistake on part of employer. From his point of view, he was taken for the job cos he was best suited, he was dependent on that job, and one fine day he was just fired.

I still don't see a positive side of recession!!

Ashish Sarode said...

Chetan, after reading my blog and again reading all comments.
Regarding your first comment-
- Yes I have written at most of the places "if I sit at home" and "I will do this and that" I am not suggesting others to follow me.
Regarding your second comment -
- Why do you think that you will get paid in the next job? I agree many times companies take disadvantage of the needy but it does not mean that every company will follow 3rd rate policy.
Regarding your third comment -
- Yes I agree that few people are underpaid - but then your second point contradicts - "who decides who deserves what?"
Why can not those underpaid people get what they deserve?

The name of blog need not be "My positive side of recession" because, surely even I have negative impact of recession if I loose job. I wrote only about the positive side and then did not cared to write the negative one because I hear it many times from many people.

Regarding those who took loans and all, I think they took it on their own risk.

Regarding those who have families to support - find alternative source of income.

Regarding companies who provided jobs to non deserving people - Companies provide jobs with notice period (applicable from both sides). How many times people think about it when they are shifting for better pay? Also when company takes someone who is not competent enough at the time of joining it is assumed that over the period of stay in company the candidate will improve his performance and will make his place untouchable, this is responsibility of individual.

Ashish Sarode said...

Mistake in last comment
Regarding your second comment -
- Why do you think that you will get paid in the next job?

should be
Regarding your second comment -
- Why do you think that you will get less paid in the next job?

Also to add -
Even I can do all the above things even if there were no recession. But at least I have tendency that I won't leave my safe job unless I do not have option.