Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

With minimum knowledge and maximun understanding

There was time when I wanted to know everything in this world. I wanted to read book on each and every subject, but always had my own opinions on the subjects. My friends in school and few in college know that I used to apply my own thoughts in most the cases.
After that I came to industry. I learned that there are procedures to do everything. I learned that I need not think on every complex thing - I should just know the recipe to do the work. I learned that every time I need to apply my mind, it will be good if I could just ask seniors.

Now ~3.5years industry experience I know procedures, I know I should ask others when in doubt, I know there are ready made recipes to the complex problems. But then have I lost my identity?

Why should I read books like "Seven habits of highly effective people"? Can't I invent methods for my own?

Why should I learn from others how to behave as good person in society? Is my mind/ brain dead?

When I go to slum area - I think I am not safe, is it only because of the knowledge of slum area which gives me these prejudice thoughts?

When I write code I know that how should I write good code. Won't it be great if I think every time before I write new line of code.

When I look at any person, I form my opinions about him, only because I know. No hence forward I am happy with bare minimum knowledge but I want to live. I don't want to memorise past experiences I want to enjoy new ones.

I don't want past to drive present. I don't want my future to be drawn with the colours of past.

I want to live every moment. I don't want to apply mind thinking what it is. I want to apply my mind thinking what it can be? I want to see the colours in this world I did not see before. I want to understand the experiences never experienced before. I want to feel the moments which have their own identity.

I don't want to be a part of matrix. I want to create my own identity. I want to be what I am.

3 comments:

Punyatoya said...

Ashish I would like to give my opinions to your questions - "Why should I read books like "Seven habits of highly effective people"? Can't I invent methods for my own"
"Why should I learn from others how to behave as good person in society? Is my mind/ brain dead?"

The brain is like a sapling. If you let the sapling grow by itself,ofcourse it will grow into a tree. But if you nurture it, you will definitely find a difference in its growth.It will grow into a healthy tree bearing some great fruits. The brain also needs to be nourished with better ideas,better values so that it can start functioning more effectively. And I think books are the best means to nurture our brain. Not every brain's thought process is the same.Inorder to enhance this thought process sometimes we need to scan other's brain.
Like the potters wheel gives shape to the shapless clay, so the books give a shape to our character.
we dont need to follow someone blindly....but yes we can take ideas from others life.
By reading about others life we might get a chance to be aware of a situation that we might have not come across till now.Then we let ourselves analyse the situation and know how we should react if atall we come across such a situation. Again that would lead to some brain exercise - you invent something new!

Ashish Sarode said...

Punyatoya I agree with you views.
Your comment is thoughtful and I was confused with what should I reply.

Even as you know I read lot of books for the same reason - to learn from others experiences.

But what I have written in this blog (and thought I myself can not got without learning from others) is one need not find external sources to understand "how to live". It is your life and god has given you brain and heart - apply it and find your own ways.

I am confused while writing this reply...

Ashish Sarode said...

My previous comment was difficult to read because of spell and grammar mistakes. I am attempting to write it correctly -
Punyatoya I agree with your views.
Your comment is thoughtful and I was confused with what should I reply.

Even as you know I read lot of books for the same reason - to learn from others experiences.

But what I have written in this blog (though I believe in learning from others) is, one need not find external sources to understand "how to live". It is your life and god has given you brain and heart - apply it and find your own ways.

I am confused while writing this reply...